Basic Information of Bangladesh POUSH
|Address: (Mailing):||11/8 Iqbal Road, Block-A, Mohammadpur,
Tel: 88- 02-8117948, Cell: 01711531451, 01796 588961
|Contact Person:||Mr. Sanowar Hossain
|Incorporated on:||January 1, 1990 and Registered as Non-government
and non-profit organization on 15th December 1991.
|Registration:||– Registered with NGO Affairs Bureau, Government of Bangladesh.
– Bangladesh POUSH is registered as non profit & non political organization
|Registration Authority||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
NGO Affairs Bureau
To promote society that upholds values, conserve and manage Natural Resources towards Sustainable Development.
Objectives of Bangladesh POUSH are as:
- To promote participatory sustainable natural resource management
- To rehabilitate the degraded environment
- To share development knowledge & experience
- To increase awareness & education
- To enhance food security and job diversification
- To buildup organizational capacity and human resource development
- To assist community to buildup peoples Institution
- To generate sustainable income
- To empower women
Major Areas of Work
Bangladesh POUSH has initiated and implemented projects with special emphasis on:
- Social and Participatory Afforestation
- Nursery Development
- Agro Forestry
- Mangrove Afforestation in Cox’s Bazar Coastal Area
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Participatory Sustainable Natural Resource Management
- Community Mobilization
- Training & Extension
- Awareness & Education.
- Sustainable livelihood Development
- Human Resource Development
- Research & Publication
- Disaster Preparedness
- Education (both formal and Non-formal)
- Partnership Development
- Gender Development
- Community based wetland management
- Rehabilitate the degraded environment
- Assist community to built peoples institution.
- Community based Climate Change Adaptation
- Environmental, Ecological and Social Survey and Assessment
- Organizing International Seminar, Workshop and Conference
Bangladesh POUSH has established Institutional linkage with national & intervention organization/ Institutes. POUSH is the member of the following networks and Organizations.
- Member of IUCN since 1991.
- Member of Economic & Social Council (ECOSOC) of UN since 1994.
- Accredited NGO of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) of World Bank since 1995.
- Member, Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD), UN, since 1992.
- Member, Ramsar Centre Japan (RCJ) since 1994.
- Coalition of Environmental NGOs in Bangladesh since 1992.
- Member, Climate Action Network since 2004.